首页 > Study in China > 留学中国
Competition for the Chinese Government Scholarship 2023-2024
发布时间：2022年12月17日 来源： 字体： 大 中 小 浏览次数：
Competition for the Chinese Government Scholarship 2023-2024
(For residents of Ottawa, ON, and those of NL, NS, NT, PEI and SK in Canada)
I. What is the Chinese Government Scholarship
The Education Office of the Embassy of the People's Republic of China in Canada is pleased to introduce to you the Chinese Government Scholarship.
Chinese Government Scholarship programs sponsor undergraduates, postgraduates, general scholars (at the undergraduate or master’s level, not pursing a degree) and senior scholars (at the doctoral level and above, not pursuing a degree).
The Chinese Government Scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language (preparatory) study, if required. The language courses last one year, whereas the duration of the scholarship for major study conforms to that as required by the program.
Designated Chinese universities offer scholarship recipients academic programs in science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, economics, law, management, education, history, literature, philosophy, and fine arts, among others. Please visit the website (http://www.campuschina.org) for further information about designated Chinese universities and programs they offer.
II. Coverage of the Chinese Government Scholarship
- Tuition waiver. Tuition funds will be used by the host university. It covers scholarship students' education program, administration costs and expenditures to support student activities.
- Free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy. If it requires students to live on campus, the university will accommodate the scholarship students in a university dormitory (usually a twin room); if it permits students to live off campus, the university will provide monthly/quarterly accommodation subsidy: undergraduate students, master's students and general scholars: CNY 700 per month; doctoral students and senior scholars: CNY 1000 per month.
- Stipend: Undergraduate students: CNY 2,500 per month; Master's students/general scholars: CNY 3,000 per month; Doctoral students/senior scholars: CNY 3,500 per month.
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
1.be a citizen of Canada and in good health both mentally and physically;
2.be academically qualified and under certain ages:
- • be an academically excellent holder of high school diploma or its equivalent under the age of 25 when applying for an undergraduate program;
- • be an academically excellent holder of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent under the age of 35 when applying for a Master’s program;
- • be an academically excellent holder of a Master’s degree or its equivalent under the age of 40 when applying for a doctoral program;
- • be a holder of a high school diploma (or higher) under the age of 45 when applying for a general scholar program;
- • be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for a senior scholar program;
3.qualified in terms of Chinese Language Proficiency if required.
- • have passed the HSK (Level 3) when applying for a Chinese-taught undergraduate or general and senior scholar program;
- • have passed the HSK (Level 4) when applying for a Chinese-taught postgraduate program;
- • meet the admission requirements of the university of preference in terms of language proficiency and academic ability, among others, when applying for a program taught in a language other than Chinese.
- • Applicants could visit the Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) website (www.chinesetest.cn/) for more information.
Applicants with a letter of pre-admission or conditional admission from a designated Chinese institution will have a better opportunity of securing the Chinese Government Scholarship, when they are applying for a program other than the undergraduate.
IV. Residence and Citizenship Prerequisites
All applicants must be Canadian citizens and will be able to travel to China with a valid Canadian passport.
Scholarship recipients must not concurrently hold other scholarships offering similar benefits.
The Education Office of the Embassy of the People's Republic of China in Canada (Agency number: 1241) is responsible for the inquires and preliminary review of application documents from
——Newfoundland & Labrador
——Prince Edward Island
If you are in Alberta, British Columbia or Yukon, please refer to the website of the Education and Culture Office of the Chinese Consulate General in Vancouver (Agency number: 1242) for application at http://vancouver.lxgz.org.cn
If you are in Manitoba, Northwest Territories or Ontario (with the exception of the City of Ottawa), please refer to the website of the Education Office of the Chinese Consulate General in Toronto (Agency number: 1243) for application at http://toronto.lxgz.org.cn
If you are in New Brunswick or Quebec, please refer to the website of the Education Office of the Chinese Consulate General in Montreal (Agency number: 1244) for application at http://montreal.lxgz.org.cn
V. Timeline for the Application to the Education Office of the Embassy of the People's Republic of China in Canada:
- • Complete the online application on the Chinese Government Scholarship Application platform (See attached instructions, using Agency number: 1241) by January 29, 2023 (with the exception of the letter of pre-admission or admission from Chinese institution, and the Physical Examination Form, which can be uploaded by February 19, 2023).
- • Qualified candidates will receive a letter of intent from the Embassy of the People's Republic of China in Canada by February 5, 2023.
- • Upload letters of pre-admission and the Physical Examination Form (for applicants with a duration of stay of more than 6 months, the Form must be the one we send to you, or the one downloaded from the application platform, and be completed and signed by a competent doctor) on the Chinese Government Scholarship Application platform by February 19, 2023. Applicants are advised to contact their choice of Chinese institutions as early as possible to get the letter of pre-admission to support your application. Applicants with a letter of pre-admission has a better chance of securing the scholarship.
- • Review the status of your application on the Platform after February 28, 2023. A candidate recommended by the Education Office of the Chinese Embassy usually will be able to be placed by the China Scholarship Council and be granted the scholarship.
- • Receive the final decision from the China Scholarship Council and the Chinese host university by late June or early July 2023. A successful candidate will receive an admission notice from the Chinese university along with other materials on visa application.
- • No hard copies are required.
- • Any inquires can be directed to:
Mr. WANG Daoyu
Chinese Embassy in Canada
613 853 8988
1. Attachment 1 Instructions for Chinese Government Scholarship Information System (CGSIS) for Applicants.pdf
2. Attachment 2 Chinese Government Scholarship Application.pdf
打印本页 我要纠错 关闭